Until proven innocent, you may be required to fund your own defense. Union liability insurance with the Individual Labor Leader endorsement will help cover the costs.
In certain circumstances, officers and directors of labor unions must defend themselves from personal liability at their own expense, including from lawsuits related to intentional acts.
Ullico Casualty Group, LLC offers custom insurance that allows you to confidently perform your job without worrying about personal exposure. Our policies provide defense coverage for claims related to duty of fair representation, employment practices, financial management, and personal injury.
Our insurance coverages are designed by experts with union leaders in mind.
Unlike some providers, we won’t make you choose from a predetermined list of lawyers to handle your defense. You may select your own defense counsel, someone you can trust and who knows you and your union.
Our policies include additional features:
- Policyholder can select counsel
- Duty to defend coverage available
- Policy is non-cancellable during policy term except for non-payment of premium
- Risk Management Services at no additional cost
- Reimbursement of witness expenses
- Spousal and domestic partner liability coverage
- Coverage for claim expenses as a result of suits seeking non-monetary relief
- Ability to offer up to a $5 million limit of insurance
Coverage provided by Markel American Insurance Company, rated A (XV) by A.M. Best Company as of 6/30/2022
Individual Labor Leader Endorsement
Our Individual Labor Leader endorsement for the Union Liability insurance policy provides defense cost protection to safeguard the personal assets of union officials when unions are prevented from indemnifying them.
Risk Management Services
Union Liability insureds may access our complimentary loss prevention tool, Ullico Resource Center, for employment law content, including articles, guides, HR resources, tools to build or update employee handbooks, online training, and more.