Our Non-Profit Labor and Management Liability (NPL) insurance policy helps protect organizations that support and serve the labor movement.
Unions and union employers frequently manage nonprofit organizations such as joint apprenticeship training committees (JATCs) and labor management coordinating committees (LMCCs) to better serve their industries.
However, managing these nonprofits comes with significant risk. Leaders may be held personally liable, and nonprofits may face budgetary concerns when responding to expensive lawsuits.
Ullico Casualty Group, LLC created the NPL insurance policy to help protect these important organizations and their leaders. The NPL form is a custom Claims-Made Directors & Officers policy, covering the entity and its officers, trustees, and employees for defense costs, settlements, and judgments arising out of lawsuits and wrongful act allegations.
Our insurance coverages are designed by experts with labor professionals in mind. Our policies include
- Duty to Defend with choice of counsel
- Policy is non-cancellable during the policy term except for non-payment of premium
- Reimbursement of witness expenses
- Spousal and domestic partner liability coverage
- Coverage for claims expenses as a result of suits seeking non-monetary relief
- Final, non-appealable adjudication
- Broad definition of “insured” and “insured” persons
- Worldwide coverage
- Ability to offer up to $5 million of insurance
Coverage provided by Markel American Insurance Company, A (XV) by A.M. Best Company as of 6/30/2022
Risk Management Tools
To help policyholders manage their risk, Ullico Casualty Group offers various educational and loss prevention resources.
- ERISA law content
- Articles, guides, webinars, online training
- Federal and state news, regulatory updates
Start Your Application Now
Apply for Non-Profit Liability Coverage
Meet Ullico's Liability Insurance Professionals
Mae S. Palmer
Assistant Vice President, Marketing, Ullico Casualty GroupRead Mae S. Palmer’s Full Bio