Short-term disability insurance helps protect members income during a work absence.
Members rely on their unions to provide protection for medical expenses, life insurance needs and help in times of disability. The Union Labor Life Company is here to help union members and their funds in their time of need. Our Group Short-Term Disability insurance is an affordable option and helps protect your members’ incomes. Short-term disability covers a portion of your members’ salaries if they’re unable to work for a short period of time, due to a physical injury or illness.
Plans Designed for the Union Workplace
We provide specialized insurance solutions to meet the distinctive needs of the union workplace. Since labor is our focus, we offer advantages and customized support you will not find with other insurance companies.
Some plan design features we can support include:
- Strike Waiver of Premium for one year during a lawful strike authorized by the union or lockout as a result of a labor dispute exceeding 30 days.*
- Variety of weekly benefit plans available to members upon a non-occupational sickness or accident.
- Coverage for up to 13 or 26 weeks.
- Choice of non-contributory or contributory plans
- The addition of a Group Life Insurance benefit to a disability income plan
* Benefits not included in all states
Meet Our Sales Professionals*
*These sales professionals are licensed with The Union Labor Life Insurance Company