Ullico Inc., the only labor-owned insurance and investment company, announced leadership changes and additions to its Board of Directors and senior management team.
- Joseph J. Hunt retires from the Board of Directors. Hunt was elected to the Board in 2003 and served as Chairman from 2006 until his retirement. He will continue his service to the Company as Chairman Emeritus. He is also President Emeritus of the International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental and Reinforcing Iron Workers Union.
- Edward M. Smith is named Chairman of the Board of Directors. In conjunction with his appointment as Chairman of the Board, Smith resigned as President but will continue in his role as CEO. Smith was appointed President in 2008, was appointed CEO in 2011 and was elected to the Board of Directors in 2015.
- Brian J. Hale is named President of Ullico. The Board of Directors has appointed current Chief Operating Officer, Brian Hale, as the Company’s President, effective immediately. Hale joined Ullico in 2008. Since 2014, he has served as Senior Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, with responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the Company, and he will continue serving as Chief Operating Officer.
- Eric Dean joins the Board of Directors. Dean has been the General President of The International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental and Reinforcing Iron Workers Union since 2015. He previously served as General Secretary and General Vice President of the Ironworkers.
- The Honorable Cheri Bustos joins the Board of Directors. Bustos recently retired from the U.S. Congress after a decade of service as a representative for the 17th District of Illinois. During her tenure, Rep. Bustos fought to lower health care costs and raise wages for working families. Among her many accomplishments, she served as the Chair of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.
The Ullico Inc. family of companies provides insurance and investment solutions for labor organizations, union employers, institutional investors and union members. Founded 95 years ago, the company takes a proactive approach to anticipating labor’s needs, developing innovative financial and risk solutions and delivering value to our clients. Our products are tailored to promote financial security and stability for American workers.
The Ullico Inc. family of companies includes The Union Labor Life Insurance Company; Ullico Casualty Group, LLC.; Ullico Investment Advisors, Inc.; and Ullico Investment Company, LLC. (Member FINRA/SIPC).
For additional information, visit www.ullico.com.