New York Paid Family Leave (PFL)
How Ullico is here to help!
Ullico is fully operational and fulfilling the important role we play in our affinity marketplace.
Information on Novel Coronavirus and Paid Family Leave
If you are an Employer or Employee, visit the links below:
Employees will get financial compensation by using a combination of benefits, employer-provided paid sick leave (depending on the size of the employer), Paid Family Leave and disability benefits. These benefits are not available to employees who are able to work through remote access or other means.
Paid Family Leave can also be used to care for a family member who has contracted COVID-19, which qualifies as a serious health condition.
Paid Family leave provides eligible employees job-protected, paid time off to:
- Bond with a newly born, adopted or fostered child
- Care for a family member with a serious health condition OR
- Assist loved ones when a spouse, domestic partner, child or parent is deployed aboard on active military service.
- Additional information can be found at the New York Paid Family Leave website.
Paid Family Leave (PFL) also provides:
- Job protection
- Continued health insurance
- Protection from discrimination or retaliation