Sr. Claims Operations Analyst
Union Labor Life Insurance Company is actively recruiting a Sr. Claims Operations Analyst. This person will provide oversight and coordination of claim support, quality assurance and reinsurance claim submission for the Stop Loss Claims Department; Provide assistance in large claim management; develop & maintain interoffice and external relationships, reporting and report log maintenance.
The successful candidate will do the following:
- Collaborate with the Stop Loss Claims team, Account Managers, and other departments in developing and maintaining productive working relationships with clients.
- Provide new business and renewal support, including installation and implementation meetings.
- Correspond with external individuals, participants, Officers and administrators; interact with Sales and Account Management teams on a regular basis.
- Oversight and regular audit functions of the NICE telephonic system.
- Assist the Stop Loss Claims Department’s inventory control by overseeing claim intake and claim set-up, including ach banking information in ESL.
- Assist in training new and temporary employees.
- Oversight of Stop Loss Quality Assurance (Audit) program.
- Assist in the Appeals process.
- Coordinate with the Actuarial Department in reinsurance claim submissions.
- Develop, maintain and deliver the department’s reporting requirements, including but not limited to the Monday Morning reports, Notification log, Jumbo Claims, Large and Legal claim logs, Refunds and Overpayment logs and other ad hoc reports.
- Collaborate with Stop Loss Claims team, case manager and vendors in case oversight; Maintain invoices for Loss Adjustment Expenses and generate vendor payments.
- Perform other similar and related duties as required.
The successful candidate will have an Associate’s Degree and at least three years of medical claims experience required. Exceptional written, organizational, communication, and presentation skills are also necessary. The ideal candidate should be a pro-active self-starter who is comfortable working independently, can think outside of the box, isn’t afraid to make suggestions and can build and foster strong relationships. Attention to detail and ability to follow-through are essential. Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat is required.
For over 95 years, Ullico, the only labor-owned insurance and investment company, has been a proud partner of the labor movement. From insurance products for members, leaders and employers, to investments that have created thousands of union jobs, our customers continue to count on Ullico to protect them. The Ullico Inc. family of companies includes The Union Labor Life Insurance Company; Ullico Casualty Group, Inc.; Ullico Investment Company, Inc.; and Ullico Investment Advisors, Inc.
We offer a competitive starting salary and an outstanding benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401(k) and pension plan. For immediate consideration please forward your cover letter and resume to HRDRESUME@ullico.com (please include position title in the subject line). Fax 202/962/8857. Ullico is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This organization participates in E-Verify.