Premium Billing Coordinator, P&C
Ullico Casualty Group, LLC. is actively recruiting a Premium Billing Coordinator for our Operations Department. This position is located in our Silver Spring, MD office. This person will support the Casualty Groups Operations and Billing efforts.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Incumbent may perform any or all of the following:
- Generate Billing and Collection of all outstanding premiums due Ullico Casualty group by preparing, reviewing, revising, printing and mailing policy invoices and agents’ statements.
- Receive record and balance daily deposits from lockboxes to the accounts receivable policy systems on a daily and monthly basis.
- Process disbursements of premium refunds and commission checks by preparing and entering check information into the accounts receivable and/or the accounts payable system.
- Research, process, monitor, reconcile and resolve questions regarding premium receivable accounts.
- Prepare journal entries in the general ledger.
- Provide assistance to external auditors in compilation of audit information as requested.
- Assists with or investigates past due premium, compiles documents and recommends collection service activity to supervisor as accounts arise.
- Develops detail for tracking and analyzing department AR accounts using monthly system generated reports.
- Correspond and communicate with P&C Underwriters to resolve premium or payment issues as identified or communicated by Producers as needed.
- Perform other similar and related duties as required.
The successful candidate will have an Associates Degree or two years of college and at least five years of bookkeeping/billing and collection experience with a working knowledge of the systems used to support functions. The ideal candidate should have familiarity with Insurance, Billing and collection practices as. Exceptional written, organizational and communication skills are necessary. The ideal candidate should be a pro-active self-starter who is comfortable working independently, can think outside of the box, isn’t afraid to make suggestions and can build and foster strong relationships. Attention to detail and ability to follow-through are essential. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows, with a strong foundation in spreadsheets and word processing are required.
For over 95 years, Ullico, the only labor-owned insurance and investment company, has been a proud partner of the labor movement. From insurance products for members, leaders and employers, to investments that have created thousands of union jobs, our customers continue to count on Ullico to protect them. The Ullico Inc. family of companies includes The Union Labor Life Insurance Company; Ullico Casualty Group, Inc.; Ullico Investment Company, Inc.; and Ullico Investment Advisors, Inc.
We offer a competitive starting salary and an outstanding benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401(k) and pension plan. For immediate consideration please forward your cover letter and resume to HRDRESUME@ullico.com (please include position title in the subject line). Fax 202/962/8857. Ullico is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This organization participates in E-Verify.