Mortgage Portfolio Analyst, Commercial Real Estate, Real Estate Investment Group
Ullico, Inc., one of the nation’s largest sources for real estate first mortgage financing, is actively recruiting a Portfolio Analyst to join a group that manages a $4.1 billion portfolio. Ullico’s Real Estate Investment Group offers construction and permanent debt financing for commercial real estate. This position reports to the Vice President and is located in our Silver Spring, MD office.
The successful candidate will:
- Assist Senior Portfolio Analyst (SPA) in maintenance of overall statistics and financial performance analysis for the mortgage portfolio. Summarize and analyze reports for mortgage loans to include, but not limited to: analyzing operating statements on properties, obtaining financial background on properties, annual reviews, and project variance reports. Prepare quarterly portfolio statistics detailing geographic and product concentrations. Evaluate and recommend changes to reports to provide efficient and applicable information to management.
- In conjunction with SPA perform various analyses related to financial performance to include: cash flow projections, cash flow variance analysis, business operations “driver” analysis (critical success factors) and analysis of comparative performance with other companies in industry.
- Assist, coordinate and prepare financial projections for real estate and mortgage portfolio as required for internal reporting and external filing for both statutory and GAAP, as applicable.
- Assist in oversight and follow-up on underwriting portions of loans to ensure all provisions are being adhered to.
- Prepare and maintain portfolio data including monthly reports such as the J and W1 Portfolio Valuation, Performance Comparison, Property Income and Expense analysis for House Accounts and quarterly reports such as Appraisal Status, Annual Reviews, Portfolio Characteristics and General Account Valuation.
- Monitor individual asset reports due to SPA/VP from Regional Vice Presidents such as Construction Status reports, Multi-Family Sales Status reports and Watch List reports. Prepare and submit to SPA/SVP for review and approval the same reports, when applicable, for House Accounts.
- Undertake ad hoc project and reports. Assist SPA/VP in the preparation of internal and external presentations.
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics and 2 to 3 years’ experience in commercial real estate loan underwriting, including financial/credit analysis, discounted cash flow and net present value modeling are required. Essential to the position are an intermediate/advanced knowledge of Excel, SQL, VBA and ARGUS financial modeling. Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills will be critical to the candidate’s success, as they will have significant interaction with internal senior management and external business leaders. All candidates that are being considered must take a financial modeling exercise.
For over 95 years, Ullico, the only labor-owned insurance and investment company, has been a proud partner of the labor movement. From insurance products for members, leaders and employers, to investments that have created thousands of union jobs, our customers continue to count on Ullico to protect them. The Ullico Inc. family of companies includes The Union Labor Life Insurance Company; Ullico Casualty Group, Inc.; Ullico Investment Company, Inc.; and Ullico Investment Advisors, Inc.
Visit ullico.com. We offer a competitive starting salary and an outstanding benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401(k) and pension plan. For immediate consideration please forward your cover letter and resume to: HRDRESUME@ullico.com (please include position title in the subject line). Fax 202/962/8857. Ullico is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ullico participates in E-Verify.