Lead Underwriting Technical Assistant
Ullico Inc. is actively recruiting a Lead Underwriting Technical Assistant for our Property & Casualty Department located in our Silver Spring, MD office. The Lead Underwriting Technical Assistant compiles and assists underwriters with analyzing financials, oversees premium collections, and provides training and oversight of the quality assurance for underwriting technical assistants.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Incumbent may perform any or all of the following:
- Liaison between billing and underwriting to make sure outstanding premiums are collected.
- Enters financial data and assists underwriters in analyzing risks for new and renewal business proposals.
- Prepares proposals, renewals and other correspondence as requested.
- Consults with underwriters and responds to client requests.
- Requests and utilizes relevant information from other sources.
- Trains underwriting technical assistants and provides quality assurance of their work when needed.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required.
The successful candidate will have an Associate’s Degree and two to three years of Underwriting experience. Effective written and oral communication skills are required. Proficiency in and demonstrated knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and email applications required. Demonstrated organizational analysis, data comparison, detail-oriented and follow-up skills required.
For over 95 years, Ullico, the only labor-owned insurance and investment company, has been a proud partner of the labor movement. From insurance products for members, leaders and employers, to investments that have created thousands of union jobs, our customers continue to count on Ullico to protect them. The Ullico Inc. family of companies includes The Union Labor Life Insurance Company; Ullico Casualty Group, Inc.; Ullico Investment Company, Inc.; and Ullico Investment Advisors, Inc. Visit www.ullico.com.
How to Apply
We offer a competitive starting salary and an outstanding benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401(k) and pension plan. For immediate consideration please forward your cover letter and resume to HRDRESUME@ullico.com (please include position title in the subject line). Fax 202/962/8857. Ullico is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This organization participates in E-Verify.