Jr. Regional Account Manager
Ullico Inc. is actively recruiting a Jr. Regional Account Manager within the Group Life and Health Sales and Account Management division of Union Labor Life Insurance Company located in our Silver Spring, MD office. The dynamic candidate will maintain and service existing accounts. Provide customer service to clients, consultants and/or administrators. Provide support services to Account Management Team and Sales Executives by following-up on pending proposals, etc. Prepare various correspondences, process RFPs, and create and maintain prospect database. Travel as needed.
The Jr. Regional Account Manager will perform the following duties:
- Provide support and act as liaison between clients and Life & Health claims department on various claims issues.
- Coordinate activities with installations of new business and renewals to include providing support to Sales Executives on Renewals and pending proposals.
- Provide customer service for and maintain relationships with internal staff and some outside administrators and vendors.
- Maintain office records and files which may be of a confidential or proprietary nature.
- Initiate and/or create correspondence to Life & Health clients.
- Present information to current and prospective clients.
- Represent Life & Health at health fairs, trade shows and industry events and other client and/or company sponsored events when requested.
- Maintain client database and create service links with other Life & Health departments.
- Perform other similar and related duties as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree and 1 to 2 years of experience. Knowledge of Group Insurance and Taft-Hartley/Union market would be a plus. This person will need to exhibit a high level of professionalism. Exceptional written, organizational, presentation and communication skills are also necessary. Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite including Word and Excel is required. The ideal candidate should be a pro-active self-starter who is comfortable working independently and can think outside of the box. Attention to detail and ability to follow-through are essential.
For over 90 years, Ullico, the only labor-owned insurance and investment company, has been a proud partner of the labor movement, keeping union families safe and secure. From insurance products that protect union members, leaders and employers, to investments in building projects that have created thousands of union jobs, our customers continue to trust us with protecting their families, employees, businesses and investments. For additional information, visit www.ullico.com.
We offer a competitive starting salary and an outstanding benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401(k) and pension plan. For immediate consideration please forward your cover letter and resume to: HRDRESUME@ullico.com (please include position title in the subject line). Fax 202/962/8856. Ullico is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ullico participates in E-Verify.