Investment Services Sales and Client Service Associate
Ullico Investment Advisors, Inc., an SEC registered investment adviser with over $10 billion in assets under management, is actively recruiting an Investment Services Sales and Client Service Associate, for our Investment Services Department located in our Silver Spring, MD office. This person will support Investment Services’ sales and client service efforts by assisting the sales professionals in marketing and selling all products and servicing current clients. This position will represent Investment Services at conferences and events, attend client meetings, and respond to client requests. In addition, the position will work with the front office team to develop marketing materials and respond to request for proposals and information.
The duties/responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Assist the Investment Services sales professionals in identifying prospects and marketing products to prospective investors, including, but not limited to, collaborating on the development of marketing materials, meeting with current clients, and attending trustee meetings.
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients and their fund professionals, including but not limited to, responding to inquiries received from clients and their fund professionals and coordinating with internal staff on distribution of reports, disclosures and other correspondence.
- Assist in the completion and review of RFP’s, RFI’s and other data requests. Draft correspondence to prospective clients, current clients, and fund professionals as needed. Review and edit corporate marketing materials.
- Develop a strong knowledge of all Investment Services’ products and services and a deep understanding of regulatory marketing and sales requirements. Participate in quarterly product reviews and sub-adviser meetings.
- Coordinate with Corporate Marketing and other Ullico business units in processing event participant and represent Investment Services at conference and events.
- Manage the data in the corporate ERM system, including entering and tracking sales opportunities and maintaining and updating current client information.
- Conduct marketing research as requested.
- Remain current on financial markets, the economy, and relevant industries.
- Perform other job related duties that may be assigned.
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field with at least three year’s of related experience in a professional environment. This person will need to exhibit a high level of professionalism and be able to interface with all levels of personnel. Excellent verbal and written communications skills, superior customer service skills as well as sound technical and problem solving skills are essential. Candidate must be a motivated self starter with strong organizational skills. Experience in the insurance industry and/or financial service industry is preferred. Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite is required.
For over 95 years, Ullico, the only labor-owned insurance and investment company, has been a proud partner of the labor movement, keeping union families safe and secure. From insurance products that protect union members, leaders and employers, to investments in building projects that have created thousands of union jobs, our customers continue to trust us with protecting their families, employees, businesses and investments. For additional information, visit www.ullico.com.
We offer a competitive starting salary and an outstanding benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401(k) and pension plan. For immediate consideration please forward your cover letter and resume to: HRDRESUME@ullico.com (please include position title in the subject line). Fax 202/962/8856. Ullico is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ullico participates in E-Verify.