Investment Services Performance Analyst
Ullico Investment Advisors, Inc., an SEC registered investment adviser with over $10 billion in assets under management, is actively recruiting an Investment Services Performance Analyst, for our Investment Services Department located in our Silver Spring, MD office. This person will support Investment Services operations by validating investor portfolio level positions recorded by our fund accounting service provider, working with internal and external teams to arrive at product valuation prices, reconciling investor activity, initiating investor level fund transactions and accounting, validating management fee invoicing, calculating and distributing fund performance, and maintaining internal records and documentation
The duties/responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Initiate group annuity investor transactions and complete required system accounting. Prepare monthly reconciliations of transactions.
- Work with external and internal providers to confirm product pricing.
- Gather product data for uploading to fund accounting service provider site.
- Review client statements for accuracy.
- Verify management fees calculations and initiate internal transfer payments.
- Produce and distribute monthly performance and benchmark reports to internal parties.
- Assist in the preparation of Investment Services’ book of business and other reports.
- Prepare inputs for the Estimated Daily Value for Separate Account J based on data obtained from custodian and manager reports and distribute to the custodian on a daily basis.
- Prepare product characteristics for investor and consultant materials.
- Assist in gathering product data sent to our GIPS provider to produce monthly composites by providing all fund and separately managed portfolio performance and benchmark data on a monthly basis. Monitor GIPS documentation and recommend revisions as required.
- Assist in monitoring and maintain data in third party databases, including but not limited to firm, personnel, performance, and portfolio statistics. Add new funds and composites as required.
- Update various product specific metrics.
- Perform other job related duties that may be assigned.
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field with at least two year’s related experience in a professional environment. This person will need to exhibit a high level of professionalism and be able to interface with all levels of personnel. Exceptional written, organizational and communication skills are also necessary. Attention to detail and ability to follow-through are essential. Candidate must be a motivated self starter. Experience in the insurance industry and/or financial service industry is preferred. Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite is required.
For over 95 years, Ullico, the only labor-owned insurance and investment company, has been a proud partner of the labor movement, keeping union families safe and secure. From insurance products that protect union members, leaders and employers, to investments in building projects that have created thousands of union jobs, our customers continue to trust us with protecting their families, employees, businesses and investments. For additional information, visit www.ullico.com.
We offer a competitive starting salary and an outstanding benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401(k) and pension plan. For immediate consideration please forward your cover letter and resume to: HRDRESUME@ullico.com (please include position title in the subject line). Fax 202/962/8856. Ullico is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ullico participates in E-Verify.