Investment Services Operation Associate
Ullico Investment Advisors, Inc., an SEC registered investment adviser with over $10 billion in assets under management, is actively recruiting an Investment Service Coordinator, for our Investment Services Department located in our Silver Spring, MD office. This person will support Investment Services’ client service and operations efforts by reviewing, approving and monitoring the distribution of all investor statements, invoices, and quarterly/annual mailings. This position will also be responsible for responding to all audit and compliance inquiries received from clients and will coordinate with the sales and marketing team to respond to ad-hoc inquiries received from clients and fund professionals.
The duties/responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Review and approve all client statements and invoices prepared by the third party administrator. Resolve any identified issues with the third party administrator and monitor the distribution process to confirm that all clients receive a statement and invoice.
- Respond to audit and compliance inquires received from clients, which includes independently drafting responses to questions.
- Coordinate with sales professionals, portfolio managers, and other product specialists to independently draft responses to ad hoc client inquiries, including but not limited to, deposit and withdraw procedures, report timing, valuation procedures, etc.
- Reconcile individually managed client portfolios to custodian bank records. Work with third party providers to resolve any material variances in the data.
- Communicate contact updates to the third party administrator and review weekly reports to confirm the requested changes.
- Compile and communicate new client account information to Compliance and third party administrator and establish new client electronic folders, including all required documents, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Process vendor payments and client transactions, including entering transactions into Lawson and Nexen or reviewing and approving existing transactions prior to release. Establish new custodian bank accounts in Nexen as needed.
- Respond to requests from internal parties for documents associated with SOX reviews, Fund audits, insurance applications, compliance reviews, and other audits or examinations.
- Perform other job related duties that may be assigned.
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field with at least two year’s related experience in a professional environment. This person will need to exhibit a high level of professionalism and be able to interface with all levels of personnel. Exceptional written, organizational, communication, and presentation skills are also necessary. Attention to detail and ability to follow-through are essential. Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite is required.
For over 95 years, Ullico, the only labor-owned insurance and investment company, has been a proud partner of the labor movement, keeping union families safe and secure. From insurance products that protect union members, leaders and employers, to investments in building projects that have created thousands of union jobs, our customers continue to trust us with protecting their families, employees, businesses and investments. For additional information, visit www.ullico.com.
We offer a competitive starting salary and an outstanding benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401(k) and pension plan. For immediate consideration please forward your cover letter and resume to: HRDRESUME@ullico.com (please include position title in the subject line). Fax 202/962/8856. Ullico is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ullico participates in E-Verify.