Infrastructure Private Equity Analyst
Ullico Infrastructure Management Company (“UIMC”) is searching for an Analyst to join the Ullico Infrastructure Fund (“UIF” or the “Fund”) investment team. UIF has investments in various types of infrastructure including but not limited to renewable energy, electricity and gas transmission, power generation, transportation, telecommunications, and water infrastructure. The position will primarily support UIF’s acquisition team in adding new investments that meet the Fund’s strategy and investment parameters, as well as supporting portfolio and asset management functions. The job position is in UIMC’s Chicago, IL office and will report to a Managing Director on the acquisition team.
- Involvement with the investment process from origination to closing, including screening, due diligence, underwriting, structuring, and documentation;
- Creating, reviewing, and managing complex financial models to evaluate investment opportunities, optimize capital structure, and sensitize for various economic scenarios
- Working with the team to conduct commercial, financial, legal, and technical diligence;
- Preparing investment memoranda and presentations;
- Monitoring existing investments and assisting with investor reporting and diligence requests;
- Conducting industry research and monitoring trends whether disruptive or opportunistic within the various sub-sectors in infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, math, economics, business or related field preferred;
- Minimum of 1 year of full time work experience including with an investment bank, project finance bank, accounting firm, institutional investor, fund manager, corporate M&A division, PPP consultant, or infrastructure asset manager;
- Exceptional financial modeling and analytical skills, with knowledge of accounting and valuation fundamentals;
- Experience preparing presentation materials;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail, intellectual curiosity, and desire for self-development;
- Self-directed critical thinker and complex problem solver;
- Team-oriented, with a willingness to work in an entrepreneurial environment;
- Strong client orientation both internal and external, with an ability to build and maintain productive relationships with partners, investment banks, consultants, and vendors;
- Experience with a formal training program through a bank or consulting firm a plus.
Company Profile: UIF is an open-ended investment fund managed by Ullico Investment Advisors, Inc. The Fund makes long-term investments in infrastructure businesses that provide essential services to communities, governments, and businesses in the United States and Canada. The Fund invests across the full spectrum of core infrastructure assets including transportation, power generation, utilities, and social infrastructure.
UIF is a subsidiary of Ullico Inc. (“Ullico”), an insurance and financial services holding company founded in 1927 and based in Washington, D.C. As of December 31, 2021, Ullico’s investment services platform has $8.6 billion of assets under management across several funds and strategies. The infrastructure fund, based in Chicago, has over $3.2 billion of assets under management with total fund commitments in excess of $4.4 billion.
Ullico’s subsidiary companies include The Union Labor Life Insurance Company; Ullico Investment Advisors, Inc.; Ullico Investment Company; Ullico Casualty Company; and Ullico Casualty Group, LLC. Steadfastly committed to serving the needs of working men and women for more than 80 years, Ullico, through its subsidiaries, offers a variety of innovative products which enhance the financial security and stability of unions, union members and union employers. No other company shares such a long-standing relationship with labor or an unwavering dedication to the union marketplace.
We offer a competitive starting salary and an outstanding benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401(k) and pension plan.
For immediate consideration, please forward your cover letter and resume to: HRDRESUME@ullico.com (please include the position title in the subject line).
Ullico is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This organization participates in E-Verify.