Human Resources Assistant
Ullico Inc., is actively recruiting for a Human Resources Assistant, for our Human Resources Department. This position is located in our Silver Spring, MD office. This individual will provide administrative support to the HR team in all functional areas including employment, recruiting, training and development, benefits, compensation and HRIS. This individual may also perform other administrative duties as needed.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Incumbent may perform any or all of the following:
- Audit new hire files for accuracy and completeness.
- Maintain HR electronic files and update employee files with correspondence, documents, etc. as needed.
- Format job descriptions into standardized templates.
- Process all HR invoices and Lawson reimbursements.
- Assign on-line annual HR compliance training including anti-harassment, diversity & inclusion g, etc.
- Update HR Portal with new banner announcements and update the BRP with new information as needed; create and edit forms, presentations and surveys.
- Create registrations and links for all internal training sessions.
- Perform benefits research regarding former employees.
- Order HR supplies and food for events and education sessions.
- Order items for employee recognition programs – including STAR and service awards.
- Process pre-employment screens and background checks.
- Handle administrative aspects of performance coaching tracking and reporting.
- Take notes during meetings for the Wellness Committee and Cross Functional team.
- Assist with coordinating Wellness Committee events and activities.
- Create agenda and take notes during HR staff meetings.
- Perform other similar and related duties as required.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree and 3 to 5 years of experience in a corporate setting. This individual will need to exhibit a high level of professionalism and be able to interface with all levels of personnel. Exceptional organizational and communication skills are a must. Attention to detail and ability to follow-through are essential. Experience in the Microsoft Office suite including PowerPoint, Word and Excel is required.
For over 90 years, Ullico, the only labor-owned insurance and investment company, has been a proud partner of the labor movement. From insurance products for members, leaders and employers, to investments that have created thousands of union jobs, our customers continue to count on Ullico to protect them. The Ullico Inc. family of companies includes The Union Labor Life Insurance Company; Ullico Casualty Group, Inc.; Ullico Investment Company, Inc.; and Ullico Investment Advisors, Inc. Visit www.ullico.com.
We offer a competitive starting salary and an outstanding benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401(k) and pension plan.
For immediate consideration please forward your cover letter and resume to HRDRESUME@ullico.com (please include position title in the subject line). Fax 202/962/8857.
Ullico is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This organization participates in E-Verify.