Ullico Inc., headquartered in Washington, D.C., is actively recruiting an Executive Assistant for our AVP, Communications. The ideal candidate will provide executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to Corporate Marketing. The Executive Assistant also serves as a liaison to corporate departments, business units and management teams; organizes and coordinates outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects.
The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small environment that is mission-driven, realtionship focused and community oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the AVP, Communications: managing an extremely active calendar of meetings and events; completing expense reports and invoices; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging complex and detailed agendas; and compiling minutes and documents for project-related meetings.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the AVP, Communications and the Corporate Marketing department, with business unit leaders, corporate departments, business marketing teams and others, on matters related to Corporate Marketing department’s programmatic initiatives.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the AVP, Communications, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Corporate Marketing department and internal departments; demonstrating professionalism to maintain credibility, trust and support.
- Works closely and effectively with the AVP, Communications to keep him/her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping them updated.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including monitoring a project management calendar, updating a corporate-wide calendar, submitting payments for corporate events, sponsorships and contributions.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must have one to three years of administrative experience; a Bachelor’s Degree is strongly preferred. This person will need to be financially savvy and can manage expense reconciliation and invoice processing. This person will need to exhbit a high degree of professionalism and have strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with people at all levels, both internally and externally, as well as varied cultural backgrounds and creative personalities. The ability to maintain organization while effectively managing multiple tasks and competing priorities and the ability to use judgment and discretion and complete tasks with limited or no direction is required. Exceptional organizational and communication skills are a must. Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite including PowerPoint, Word and Excel as well as Outlook are also required. Our ideal candidate will be adaptable and able to learn new systems quickly and efficiently, be a proactive and forward thinker who has creative problem-solving skills who will bring positivity and resourcefulness.
For over 90 years, Ullico, the only labor-owned insurance and investment company, has been a proud partner of the labor movement, keeping union families safe and secure. From insurance products that protect union members, leaders and employers, to investments in building projects that have created thousands of union jobs, our customers continue to trust us with protecting their families, employees, businesses and investments. For additional information, visit www.ullico.com.
We offer a competitive starting salary and an outstanding benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401(k) and pension plan. For immediate consideration please forward your cover letter and resume to: HRDRESUME@ullico.com (please include position title in the subject line). Fax 202/962/8856.
Ullico is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ullico participates in E-Verify.