Director, Investment Adviser Compliance
Ullico Inc. is actively recruiting for a Director of Compliance for its Silver Spring, MD office. This person will manage the day-to-day compliance responsibilities of Ullico’s SEC-registered investment adviser, Ullico Investment Advisors, Inc. Reporting directly to the firm’s Chief Compliance Officer, job responsibilities include performing compliance program duties, ongoing compliance reviews, assigned projects, and providing guidance and support to various investment services business units.
- Creating and conducting regulatory compliance tests/surveillance to ensure compliance with various investment adviser regulatory requirements, with an emphasis on portfolio management activities.
- Reviewing and analyzing applicable law, regulation, regulatory developments and industry best practices relevant to the firm’s business, which focuses on institutional investors.
- Filing of periodic investment adviser reports and updates via Investment Adviser Registration Depository (“IARD”) platform.
- Managing the daily operations of the compliance function related to registered investment adviser business, with an emphasis on portfolio and asset management functions, asset valuation, and client reporting functions.
- Reviewing offering documents for the firm’s proprietary pooled investment vehicles and SMAs.
- Investor contract management and oversight of various client service obligations of the firm.
- Administering firm’s Code of Ethics.
- Monitoring of the firm’s relying advisers and investment portfolios of various investment strategies.
- Oversight and due diligence of third-party sub advisers and vendors.
- Performing compliance reviews of electronic communication and social media of associated persons of the firm.
- Maintaining and updating firm’s supervisory procedures and other written policies as needed.
- Respond to legal and regulatory inquiries from the firm’s marketing and operational areas.
- Oversee annual review of the firm’s compliance procedures and practices as required by 206(4)-7.
- Manage regulatory examinations by the SEC and other securities regulators.
- Provide direct support to the CCO, as needed.
- Prior experience in a senior compliance role at a registered investment adviser with a focus on institutional investors, private equity and pooled investment products, or comparable experience with the SEC;
- Strong knowledge of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and other US federal securities laws;
- Proficiency with IARD
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in identifying issues;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Demonstrates accountability and ability to prioritize to meet deadlines;
- Strong organizational skills, having the ability to maintain orderly documentation and track issues/recommendations;
- Collaborates in a fully inclusive and open manner.
How to Apply
We offer a competitive starting salary and an outstanding benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401(k) and pension plan.
For immediate consideration please forward your cover letter and resume to: HRDRESUME@ullico.com (please include position title in the subject line). Fax 202/962/8856.
Ullico is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ullico participates in E-Verify.
For over 90 years, Ullico, the only labor-owned insurance and investment company, has been a proud partner of the labor movement, keeping union families safe and secure. From insurance products that protect union members, leaders and employers, to investments in building projects that have created thousands of union jobs, our customers continue to trust us with protecting their families, employees, businesses and investments. For additional information, visit www.ullico.com.