Ullico Inc., is actively recruiting an Assistant Actuary for our Silver Spring, MD office. Reporting to the Corporate Chief Actuary, this position will perform many actuarial duties across multiple lines of business both life and health including, but not limited to: process management, product design, pricing, implementation and maintenance, risk management, valuation, financial reporting, long duration targeted improvements, Group Life and Disability pricing and underwriting, and Policy Administration migration and installation.
Job Duties/Responsibilities are as follows:
- Performs valuation and financial reporting for a designated line or lines of business.
- Performs modeling in support of cash flow testing and capital management.
- Builds and maintains MG-Alfa pricing, valuation, and projection models.
- Responds to internal and external auditor requests.
- Performs product design and pricing for employee benefit coverages.
- Performs required state filings for valuation and pricing.
- Performs experience analysis such as mortality, morbidity, persistency, and expense studies.
- Builds and implements key components of the Company’s Long Duration Targeted Improvements platform.
- Tests and improves risk management controls.
- Perform other similar and related duties as required.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of a BS/BA degree with a Master’s degree an added plus. Our ideal candidate will have completed the SOA’s requirements for Associateship and be a member of the American Academy of Actuaries. Preferred fellowship tracks are: Group and Health, Individual Life and Annuities, and Corporate Finance and ERM.
For over 90 years, Ullico, the only labor-owned insurance and investment company, has been a proud partner of the labor movement. From insurance products for members, leaders and employers, to investments that have created thousands of union jobs, our customers continue to count on Ullico to protect them. The Ullico Inc. family of companies includes The Union Labor Life Insurance Company; Ullico Casualty Group, Inc.; Ullico Investment Company, Inc.; and Ullico Investment Advisors, Inc.
We offer a competitive starting salary and an outstanding benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401(k) and pension plan. For immediate consideration please forward your cover letter and resume to HRDRESUME@ullico.com (please include position title in the subject line). Fax 202/962/8857. Ullico is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This organization participates in E-Verify.