Summary of Business Continuity Plan
Ullico Investment Advisors, Inc. and Ullico Investment Company are committed to protecting its business information, processes, and customer data from unpredictable events. We do this through the preparation and testing of our critical business applications to ensure that we have the ability to continue to operate in the event of a business interruption. This plan is designed to:
- Provide for the recovery of our technology infrastructure and information.
- Prevent the loss of company information and transactions.
- Allow us to resume our primary business functions.
A goal of our Business Continuity Plan is to be able to recover and resume operations within predefined time frames following an incident (in most cases 24 hours after the declaration of a disaster).
To accomplish this we have:
- Contracted with a disaster recovery vendor to provide data center and network recovery services along with multiple offsite alternative workspace for our personnel and business applications if our facilities are unusable as a result of the incident.
- Establish standardized backup procedures. This includes regularly scheduled backups and secure off-site storage.
- Rehearse our recovery procedures and testing of those procedures on a regular basis.
- Established teams that will quickly assess the incident, communicate the situation to senior management and manage the recovery process.
We take our commitment to our clients very seriously and participate in various industry-level conferences, discussions, and industry certifications regarding disaster recovery. Participation in these types of forums increases our ability to proactively recognize and manage business disruption risks.
Although we have taken significant steps to develop and implement sound disaster recovery plans, we cannot guarantee that applications will always be available or recoverable after a disaster or significant business disruption. However, we believe that our planning for such events is consistent with best practices established within the industry.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Ullico Investment Advisors, Inc. or Ullico Investment Company at 202-682-7927.